Welcome spring with a smile and a cleaner home! Spring is traditionally the best time of year to deep-clean and pay attention to living space areas that get overlooked during daily chores. Here are six spring cleaning tips that will make you smile.
- Make Your Windows Sparkle: Open up every window and let some fresh air inside. It’s just the right temperature to clean both the inside and outside of your windows. Use a natural solution of white vinegar and water and a newspaper or towel to remove spots, smudges and every thought of winter away.
- Refresh Window Treatments: Curtains, blinds, shades and other window treatments gather dust during the long winter months. Take them down before washing your windows and follow the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions.
- Clean Bedding: Springtime is a perfect opportunity to care for your heavier comforters, bedspreads and blankets that aren’t laundered on a regular basis. It’s also the opportunity to vacuum your mattress’s top, bottom and sides to remove built-up dust and dander. Apply a spot remover to any spots and sanitize the mattress with disinfectant for clean and restful nights.
- Organize Closets and Dressers: Spring is the perfect time to organize, remove clutter and clean one of the busiest rooms in your home. Remove clothes and accessories that you don’t wear anymore and donate them to a charity. Using a mild detergent and water combination, wash the inside of all dresser drawers, shelves and closet walls. Remove shoes and vacuum the floor. Spray the closet with disinfectant or essential oil.
- Wash Walls: The most-effective way to refresh your home is to wash all the walls. Use a mild detergent-and-water combination, and wipe every wall from top to bottom including the baseboards and crown molding. Use a stronger solution to remove stubborn stains.
- Clean Flooring: Whether you have hardwood, tile, carpet or area rugs, all flooring should be cleaned to remove winter’s dirt and grime. Each floor is different, so refer to the cleaning instructions or consult a professional for the best results.